Welcome to Plant-Based.org, a project focused on providing science-backed information on nutrition and plant-based diets. Our ultimate goal is to reduce unnecessary suffering for both humans and animals.
The Internet is full of information about nutrition and diet. Some of it is good, some of it is wrong or downright dangerous. Furthermore, great sources of information such as peer-reviewed studies are often quite technical and not very accessible to people who don’t specialize in nutrition or biochemistry.
Our approach is to be your ultimate guide to a plant-based way of eating by:
- Simplifying complex nutritional information by explaining it in simple terms.
- Being compassionate. Weight loss (or gain) and nutrition are struggles for many people. We aim to be a kind, understanding voice that helps you achieve your goals. This is a no-judgment zone.
- Being accurate and scientifically-sound. You will not find “bro-science” here. We source our knowledge from established nutritional guidelines, organizations, and scientifically-sound, peer-reviewed studies. We try to be fair, mindful of our biases, and only strive to include the scientific consensus, whenever one exists.
- Being practical. We are all just human, so what’s great for us in theory, might not be so in practice if it’s extremely hard to stick to. We always try to keep in mind what’s practical and sustainable in the long term.
Note that the information is presented for informational and educational purposes only and in no way constitutes medical advice. Please check out our full disclaimer prior to using our site.
Who is this for?
Our ideal reader is anyone who is interested in plant-based eating. In particular, we write our content with the following people in mind:
- People who are struggling with weight loss and have heard that a plant-based diet can help them lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way.
- People who are flirting with the idea of improving their health by incorporating more fruits and vegetables and fewer animal products in their diet.
- People who are vegan, and therefore eat a plant-based diet out of ethical concerns.
- Athletes who want to thrive on a plant-based diet.
- Anyone interested in switching from crash diets to a sustainable, long-term way of eating.
If this is you, welcome. You’re in the right place.
It’s a little bare at the moment since we just launched our site. You can expect much more content soon. To stay in the loop, consider joining our newsletter below. We won’t spam you or email you often. Only when we have something worthwhile to share.
How can you help?
If you are excited about this project, please help us spread the word.
Here are a few ways you can help:
- Follow us on Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest.
- Share our content on social media.
- Tell family and friends about our site.
- Tell the world that you signed up for our newsletter.
- Help us grow this project by buying us a (dairy-free) coffee.
Thank you. 🙏💚
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.